Incorporating jazz theory and improv as foundational elements, you will be guided in your studies and practice towards any genre of music that interests you.
All skill levels welcome – beginners too! Friendly, casual, adaptable lessons.
* Blues/Funk/Rock/Metal/Pop/Jazz styles – Explore music you love, and dive into new musical worlds
* Technique – Fingering and timing exercises, posture advice, and learn about your instrument
* Ear training – Chord and scale recognition; learn how to teach yourself music by ear, and hear what is going on in music
* Theory – Chord/scale relationships and how to use these for improvisation. Learn about what makes harmony & melody sound good.
* Musical/rhythmic awareness and general musicianship
* Improvisation – Putting it all together in order to create music, jam with others, and get freedom with your instrument