This is a comprehensive course that covers production, performance, and sound design techniques in Ableton Live, including:
- Techniques for beat making – both through audio and using MIDI
- Musical awareness and ear training: how to make your music sound good
- Simple but usable music theory that is easily understood by beginning musicians
- Recording and audio editing, sampling and resampling
- Session view/Arrangement View familiarity and understanding
- Understanding and using MIDI, software instruments, MIDI effects, MIDI mapping, and using controllers creatively
- Equalisation, compression and audio effects
- Automation of effects, sends and returns, and instrument parameters
- Composition, arrangement and songwriting
- Workflow techniques – produce faster, easier, and more reliably
- Performance in Ableton Live – Launching clips from Session View, and exporting stems for live performance
- Mixing techniques, and exporting finished tracks
- Course fees, deposits, and pre-payments are 100% NON refundable and non-transferable.
- Course tickets are transferable (re-sellable) to another user if the course has sold-out or upon agreement from SNED Music in writing for a $20.00 AUD administrative fee.
- Course tickets are only valid for the course dates specified in the course you have booked. Individual class transfers to future courses are considered on a case-by-case basis, and are only possible when discussed and confirmed in writing before the start date of the course you have booked.
- Depending on booking numbers, courses may be postponed by up to 14 days from the originally advertised date. In this case, the final two classes of 8-week courses will be rescheduled and will take place two weeks later than initially planned. Please check your calendar to see if this works for you before booking.
- In the case of a postponed course in which three or more participants cannot make the rescheduled dates, private in-person group classes will be arranged at the Coburg North studio, which you can attend at no additional cost. If you are unable to attend any rescheduled classes (for example overseas travel), you can attend private 1:1 in-person or online sessions to make up for the rescheduled classes, at no additional cost.