1:1 PRIVATE TUITION
1:1 sessions are skill training, artist development, coaching and mentorship all in one.
Perfect for recent graduates of the Ableton Live Beginners Course – private tuition is an excellent way to keep the ball rolling, and maintain momentum with your creations.
I will help you develop your knowledge of Ableton Live to a powerful level; motivate you with the confidence to create; help you identify and smash your creative blocks; help you set goals and take the right steps to achieve them; provide homework to ensure you are implementing new skills.
1:1 sessions often focus on mixdown training and the refining of songs during their creation. I am available to workshop your songs with you, and mix your music in person, allowing you to observe and learn first hand as the work is done.
Bring your laptop, or send me some stems, come visit the studio and we can get down to work. Recording / production services are also available.
I am passionate about teaching and aim to provide sessions that are informative, inspirational and enjoyable. The tutoring relationship can be a powerful thing – often a factor that can create breakthroughs in a producers’ life.
For 1:1 tuition, I offer 1.5 hour lessons – enough time to ensure significant learning, breakthroughs in your knowledge every session, and hands-on experience of music production. Homework and email contact Q&A provided between classes.
$120 per 90 minutes from the Reservoir home office, or online sessions via Zoom – suitable for training and music production coaching.
$130 per 90 minutes from the Heidelberg West Studio – suitable for mixdown work.
- A Bachelor degree qualified musician with over a decade of professional experience guiding your progression
- Beat making: All the way from quick loops to full blown tracks, start to finish
- How to master your interface: Tips to improve speed, workflow and stability
- Music theory and Ear Training: Learn how to make your tracks truly MUSICAL
- Sound Design: Create unique tones, patches and sounds – find your own signature sounds
- Audio Editing and warping: make music out of anything
- Equalisation and compression: Shape your creations and make them shine
- Composition/structure/arrangement/songwriting coaching, advice, and demonstrations
- Synthesis: Gain in depth control and move way beyond the presets
- Layering: Gain an ear for complex layerings; learn how to set up deep soundscapes that sit well in the mix
- Sampling and Resampling: Powerful tips and tricks for getting weird and wild
- Mixing and mastering: How to get your tracks sounding FAT and LUSH
- Performance in Ableton Live – Harnessing the power of Session View and controllers
- Hardware MIDI mappings explained and explored
- Midi: learn the language (it’s actually easy!) and speak it fluently
- Fingerdrumming and advanced controllerism: SEE MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Software and audio equipment:
- Ableton 11 Suite
- An abundance of samples/presets to share with you
- Yamaha HS8 monitors
- Universal Audio Arrow / Focusrite Sapphire USB audio interfaces (Thunderbolt / Firewire connections available)
- Akai MPD218 (x4)
- Akai APC 40 mkII
- Akai MPK Mini MkII
- Arturia Minilab
- Novation SL-25 MkII
- Alesis V61 keyboard
- Various microphones, guitars, basses, and double bass, which are all available for recording in the studio
1:1 sessions are taken from one of two SNEDlab studio locations: Wewak pde. Heidelberg West, or Ramleh Rd. Reservoir
Connect with me via phone or email and let’s get your creativity moving forward.