ABLETON ADVANCED COURSE
For students who have already completed the beginners course, or for those who feel their skills are ready for the challenge, the Advanced Course is available to help you move ahead with your creative journey.
Designed as a follow-on from the beginner course, the Advanced Course goes more in depth, taking you to the next level, and sees your production skills greatly enhanced and refined.
This course is focused towards actually producing TWO quality tracks throughout the duration of the course. In this sense, we put our already established skills to focused creative use, and whilst continuing to learn powerful new skills, students are working towards a refined and completed product. This includes direct in-person 1:1 feedback and coaching in class to help you immediately refine your music during the creation process.
Weekly check ins:
Each student has the option of sending through their work for coaching mid-week, which includes a 15 minute phone call to answer any questions and provide direct feedback.
Through a private Facebook group, the class has opportunities to ask direct questions of their tutor, and engage with classmates in discovery and creativity.
3 hour classes:
This longer format facilitates more hands-on, deeper learning, with smaller classes also facilitating more 1:1 time between teacher and individual students.
COURSE CONTENT AND OUTLINE
This course is currently the most advanced Ableton Live course on offer in Australia – a comprehensive course that covers production, performance, and sound design techniques in Ableton Live, including:
- Using Simpler and Sampler to trigger, layer and loop
- Isolating basslines through granular synthesis in Sampler
- Cutting and chopping in Simpler
- Creating entire beats / tracks via creative manipulation of samples
- Generating confidence in creating your own samples
Advanced Sound Design:
- Creating powerful subs and basses
- Complex layering and instrument rack design
- Multi-band synths
- Deep EQ, effects chains, and automation to create life in new instruments
- Deeper exploration of using ‘space’ in music
- Macros + complex mapping
- Chain Selectors + creative instrument layering
- Design of your own unique instruments
- Sample selection devices (eg snare selectors)
- Slice to midi and creating drum racks from existing samples
- Elaborated use of Sends/Returns
- Further developing your own unique effects chains
- Exploring Reverb: A key to bringing music to life
- Multi-Band compression
- Parallell compression
- Follow actions
- Legato mode
- Deeper clip envelope editing (creating effects progressions/mixer automation through clips)
- Dummy clips
- Advanced sidechain techniques
- Exploration of frequency masking and how to clear space for clean mixes
- Creative automation, demonstration of Max For Live devices
- Understanding mastering chains
- Preparing songs for live performance
- Configuring effects racks for live performance use
- Session/Arrangement hybrid performance
- MIDI instrument control and innovation
- How all of this can be very useful for composition and arrangement
- Requirements: Students will need their own computer, quality headphones, and a working version of Ableton Live Standard or Suite – versions 9.7 or greater.
The next Advanced Course shall begin on January 31st, and run on Thursday evenings for 8 weeks.
Jan 31st – Feb 7, 14, 21, 28 – March 7, 14, 21
Price: $950 for eight 3 hour sessions.
EARLYBIRD DISCOUNTS: Pay in full before Nov 1st and get your spot for $800 ($150 discount), or before Dec 6th and claim your place for 875 ($75 discount).
This course is currently the most advanced Ableton Live course currently on offer in Australia, and significantly more affordable and more robust than any other Ableton Live courses available in Melbourne – most of which retail for approx $1100 for 6 weeks.
REFERRAL DISCOUNTS: If you have a friend who would like to take part, and successfully registers – you get $50 cash back from your course fees.
Use the registration form above, contact me via email@example.com or 0449705424 to book your place in the next class
I also offer a free 30 minute consultation session if you would like to have an in-person chat about whether investing in Ableton Live is the right path for you and your music – feel free to get in touch and come visit me in my studio.
Classes for the Advanced course will be held from VICSEG New Futures, 15 Munro St, Coburg