1:1 PRIVATE TUITION
My lessons are skill training, artist development, and mentorship all in one.
I will: develop your knowledge of Ableton Live to a powerful level; motivate you with the confidence to create; help you identify and smash your creative blocks; help you set goals and take the right steps to achieve them; provide homework to ensure you are implementing new skills.
I am passionate about teaching and offer an informative, inspirational and hilarious time. The tutoring relationship can be a powerful thing – often a factor that can create breakthroughs in a producers’ life.
for 1:1 tuition, I offer 1.5 hour lessons, ensuring a decent amount of learning and production takes place. Homework and email contact Q&A provided between classes.
Prices: $110 per 1.5 hours
- A Bachelor degree qualified musician with over a decade of professional experience guiding your progression
- Beat making: All the way from quick loops to full blown tracks, start to finish
- How to master your interface: Tips to improve speed, workflow and stability
- Music theory and Ear Training: Learn how to make your tracks truly MUSICAL
- Sound Design: Create unique tones, patches and sounds – find your own signature sounds
- Audio Editing and warping: make music out of anything
- Equalisation and compression: Shape your creations and make them shine
- Composition/structure/arrangement/songwriting coaching, advice, and demonstrations
- Synthesis: Gain in depth control and move way beyond the presets
- Layering: Gain an ear for complex layerings; learn how to set up deep soundscapes that sit well in the mix
- Sampling and Resampling: Powerful tips and tricks for getting weird and wild
- Mixing and mastering: How to get your tracks sounding FAT and LUSH
- Performance in Ableton Live – Harnessing the power of Session View and controllers
- Hardware MIDI mappings explained and explored
- Midi: learn the language (it’s actually easy!) and speak it fluently
- Fingerdrumming and advanced controllerism: SEE MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Software and audio equipment:
- Ableton Suite 9
- An abundance of samples/presets to share with you
- M-Audio Monitors and sub
- Presonus Audiobox/Focusrite Sapphire USB audio interfaces
- Akai MPD218 (x4)
- Akai APC 40
- Akai MPK Mini MkII
- Arturia Minilab
- Novation SL-25 MkII
- Alesis V61 keyboard
- Various microphones, guitars, basses, and double bass, which are all available for recording in the studio
I teach 1:1 sessions from my studio space at 34 Robinson Road, Hawthorn